Lorem Ipsum

Pellentesque semper dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed euismod aliquet nunc vel porta. Morbi non mi id diam mattis consequat mauris pharetra.
Delete this widget from your Dashboard and add your own words. This is just an example!

{blackbabes} Serena feeling serene ahead of Wimbledon

 

Serena Williams insists she is not feeling under pressure as she heads into Wimbledon on the back of two major disappointments this year. 

The world number one reached the final at both the Australian and French Opens, only to lose to Angelique Kerber and Garbine Muguruza respectively.

Those results led some to suggest there could be a changing of the guard on the WTA Tour but Williams is not having any doubts as she prepares to defend the only major crown left in her possession.

"It was a great accomplishment to win four Grand Slams in a row twice in my career. It's pretty cool," she said.

"This year I don't feel as much tension as I usually do. I'm feeling pretty good. Honestly, I don't feel any pressure or stress. I feel good and confident.

"It's important to learn from every loss. I think I usually do that. Throughout my whole career I have been able to learn a lot and come back a much better player."

Last year, Williams saw off Muguruza 6-4 6-4 for her sixth Wimbledon title and the American spoke of her fondness for the All England Club.

"I enjoy it just being on grass. It's usually the only tournament I play on grass," she said.

"It's a unique experience. It's just that one time a year you just get to get on this amazing, beautiful surface. It feels really good.

"When I'm walking down those corridors or hallways, you think of different moments that you've had, different moments that you've won, or didn't win.

"I try not to focus on those moments because I try to create a new moment every time I walk out there."

Williams' 2016 campaign gets under way against qualifier Amra Sadikovic on Tuesday.

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment