Lorem Ipsum

Pellentesque semper dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed euismod aliquet nunc vel porta. Morbi non mi id diam mattis consequat mauris pharetra.
Delete this widget from your Dashboard and add your own words. This is just an example!

{blackbabes} Kelly Rowland: I Take Being a Mother ‘One Day at a Time’

 

There's one common virtue all good parents possess — and it's a virtue Kelly Rowland once feared she was missing.

"When I found out that I was going to be a mother, I was the mother who didn't know that I had patience," she told PEOPLE while attending the Safe Kids Day 2016 event in Culver City, California, on Sunday. "I was really scared about being a mother, just simply because I didn't think I had enough."

But fortunately for Rowland, her trepidation about her shortcomings practically melted when she gave birth to son Titan Jewell.

"When my son was born, I was like, 'Oh my God, I don't know where this patience came from!' " she says with a laugh. "I was really happy, and that made me feel better about being a mom."

Kelly Rowland Kids Safe Day

Not that being a first-time mom to 17-month-old Titan has been an entirely easy road to navigate.

"When I go to the pediatrician and he shows me this whole list of how to keep my kid safe, I'm like, 'Wait a minute, I'm just learning how to breastfeed! I'm just learning how to do this, and I'm just learning how to do that. There's more instructions!?' "

But for Rowland much of being a mother is about being in the here and now.

"One day at a time," she says when asked what advice she'd give to a new mother. "I think that immediately, when I became pregnant, the first thing you think [about] is just doing a perfect job."

She adds, "You can't think about it like that because love is the perfect job. It's protecting them and making sure that they're happy and that they're going to be safe."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment