Lorem Ipsum

Pellentesque semper dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed euismod aliquet nunc vel porta. Morbi non mi id diam mattis consequat mauris pharetra.
Delete this widget from your Dashboard and add your own words. This is just an example!

{blackbabes} Aisha Tyler Leaving CBS' The Talk

 

Aisha Tyler is all Talk-ed out.

The actress, now a series regular on Criminal Minds, announced Thursday that she'll be vacating her seat on the CBS daytime talk show after six seasons on the air.

"Coming here is such a joy that it never feels like work to me," she told the studio audience. "But recently, I got this opportunity to do something I've always dreamed of doing, which is to direct my first feature film. … It was one of the best experiences of my life. I loved directing. I loved being there every day. … I know, I think, that that was what I wanted to do with the rest of my life, that that was what I wanted to put my energy into, and I started to think about it."

Tyler explained that The Talk shoots 11 months out of the year, and when you factor in her other shows — in addition to Criminal Minds, Tyler hosts Whose Line Is It Anyway? and voices a character on Archer — it doesn't leave much time to pursue directing.

"This industry is really starting to give women bigger opportunities to direct," she continued, beginning to cry. "I'm sorry, I just realized I had to let something go. It's been the hardest decision of my life because you guys are my family, you know that. I love being with you every day. … I think what you guys at home and in the audience don't see is that the reason this show works out here is because it works so beautifully when we're not on stage. Our friendships are so precious to me, and the thing I'm going to miss most is all the time we get to spend together when we're not on camera. But at the end of this season, i'm going to leaving the show."

Tyler joined Criminal Minds in a recurring capacity for Season 11 (filling the vacancy left by Jennifer Love Hewitt's one-and-done run), and this past season was promoted to series regular status (at the onset of a major cast upheaval triggered by Thomas Gibson's firing).

Previous co-hosts who have left the show include Marissa Jaret Winokur (Season 1 only), Leah Remini (Seasons 1–2) and Holly Robinson Peete (also Seasons 1–2).

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment