Lorem Ipsum

Pellentesque semper dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed euismod aliquet nunc vel porta. Morbi non mi id diam mattis consequat mauris pharetra.
Delete this widget from your Dashboard and add your own words. This is just an example!

{blackbabes} Venus Williams on Her 'Plants First' Lifestyle and the One Food Splurge She Can't Live Without

 
 
 
As Venus Williams settles into her 18th US Open tournament, there's one thing that will definitely keep her fueled: plants!

Williams, 36, has teamed up with Silk for its
Do Plants campaign to promote healthy, plant-based eating. And it's a partnership the tennis great calls "a wonderful synergy."

'We are really believe in the same things, of a plant-based lifestyle and having a lot of natural foods in your diet," she tells PEOPLE. "I've had a lot of fun working with them and [I've] been able to spread the message of plant-based living."

The athlete spoke about her path to healthy-eating in an advertisement for the campaign, crediting her family for the lifestyle change.


"They saw me having health difficulties and they suggested, 'Why don't you try a plant-based lifestyle,' " she said in the video.

However, Williams tells PEOPLE she's "not completely" vegan.

"I think plant-based is how you define it. Plants first, so that's what it's about. Mostly plants and there are some things I haven't been able to get completely out of my diet," she says.

"It becomes more challenging because I travel so much. You know, if you find yourself in the middle of somewhere – in China – it's harder. So always, usually plants are my first go-to."

She may be all about healthy eating, but there's one savory treat she just can't resist.

"I don't ever skimp on my butter. I love butter," Williams says. "Some things I've struggled to let go. But it's all about leading a healthy lifestyle that works for you."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment