Lorem Ipsum

Pellentesque semper dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed euismod aliquet nunc vel porta. Morbi non mi id diam mattis consequat mauris pharetra.
Delete this widget from your Dashboard and add your own words. This is just an example!

{blackbabes} 'Divergent' at Comic-Con: Zoe Kravitz, Amy Newbold, Christian Madsen on fighting and death

wine.com 
 

"Divergent" is a young adult novel, but it doesn't have any problem showing off its violent side. The story's initiates are forced to brutally fight one another during their training to join Dauntless, and fans shouldn't expect the movie adaptation of Veronica Roth's story to shirk away from portraying those fights, even though it has some love stories at play as well.

"I think every action film needs some romance and I think every romance needs some action," Zoe Kravitz tells Zap2it at San Diego Comic-Con. "There's a bunch of beautiful connections in this story, but it's all cut between a bunch of crazy stuff."

There will be some comparisons between "Divergent" and "The Hunger Games," and on a large scale they're appropriate. Both deal with teens being thrust into adult situations in a dystopian future, and Kravitz says that setting is just a sign of the times.

"It seems like there's an apocalyptic theme happening in general right now," she says. "I think it's definitely a reflection of where we are right now, kind of in this limbo where we are, and there's a bunch of places we can go. The world of 'Divergent' is definitely a possibility."

Kravitz's character Christina gets to have a big showdown with Amy Newbold's Molly, and both actresses tell Zap2it that was one of their favorite scenes to film. "It was a really good fight, me and her," Kravitz says. "She's much stronger than me, but I'm little and I was going around like a little muskrat. Pulling hair, just cheating all the way."

Video: http://www.zap2it.com/videogallery/76782585/Entertainment/SDCC-Amy-Newbold-on-Divergent

Newbold adds of her bad girl character, "All of my fights were really, really fun. I got to fight Shailene [Woodley] and Zoe. It was just awesome. The fight with Tris was especially kind of interesting because it's the very first fight in the film, it's the first time we've seen any of the initiates fight, so there's like a timidity there, really on both sides even though Molly's so tough."

In person Newbold is a sweetheart, but she says its fun to play a villain because she gets to have "a complete departure from who you really are." She hopes that her portrayal of Molly is more three-dimensional than the way the character was shown in the novel.

"I hope people maybe see a little bit more of what makes her kind of her," she says. "I think that there's a lot that I like about Molly, so I hope that that comes through."

Christian Madsen's character Al is more famous for a different sort of scene in "Divergent." Be warned, major "Divergent" spoilers lie ahead.

As filming already wrapped on "Divergent," Madsen had to film his character's death scene. He tells Zap2it that it was a horrible day on set for him, as it was his first death scene he ever shot.

"It's actually a lot tougher to die than I thought. You have to keep your eyes open for two minutes and hold your breath. It's sad. It was very sad," he says. "I just wanted to go home and sleep and cry, because it was all over. I shot my death scene very close to me being wrapped. That's when I started realizing, 'Aww man, I shot everything. I shot my death scene.' It was kind of the first time I died in a movie too so it was a weird experience. It was kind of like a weird feeling on set."

Video: http://www.zap2it.com/videogallery/76782728/Entertainment/SDCC-Christian-Madsen-on-Divergent

"Divergent" is due in theaters on March 21, 2014.

wine.com wine.com

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment