Lorem Ipsum

Pellentesque semper dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed euismod aliquet nunc vel porta. Morbi non mi id diam mattis consequat mauris pharetra.
Delete this widget from your Dashboard and add your own words. This is just an example!

{blackbabes} Sprinter Tori Bowie: When I Saw My Gold Medal, "I Fell in Love"

 
Sprinter Tori Bowie: When I Saw My Gold Medal,
 
Less than three years ago, Tori Bowie was a professional long jumper – and a good one. But after some disappointing losses, she decided she wanted to do something different.

The track and field star chose sprinting. "I just needed a change," she tells PEOPLE. "So I thought maybe it would be a good idea."

That's an understatement. In her first Olympics, the 25-year-old Bowie won three medals.

She took the bronze in the women's 200-meter and the silver in the 100-meter. But for Bowie, the best win was the gold in the
women's 4x100 meter relay.

"Don't get me wrong," she told PEOPLE with a laugh. "I'm extremely content with my silver and bronze medals. But once I won the gold, I fell in love!"
Sprinter Tori Bowie: When I Saw My Gold Medal,  

I'm going to work really hard to win more of these," she continues. "I'm going to take some time off and basically recover. But I'll still work on my nutrition and basic things to make me stronger. Then I'll start training again in November."

Bowie says she needs some time to process the win. "I'm excited, but I don't think I've had a moment to have it sink in yet," she says. "My dad asked me, 'how does it feel.' I said, 'I don't think it will hit me until I get off the plane in America.'"

Bowie was unsure what to expect in the Olympics. "I'm not going to lie. I wasn't looking forward to Rio at all," she said. "But once I got here, it has been magnificent."

So which family members have called her since her wins? "I think a better question is, 'who haven't I heard from,'" she laughs. (Yes, Bowie laughed a lot during her PEOPLE interview. Winning three medals will do that to you.) "Everyone has called and texted me to congratulate me. I'm really blessed to have so many people supporting me."

And will she compete in the 2020 games? "That's the plan," she says. "I want to win more."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment